PortConMaine: Maine's Geek Culture Celebration!
Vendors for 2014 Confirmed!
Are you looking forward to shopping in the vendor's room this year? We've confirmed all our vendors for 2014! We'll have some returning favorites and some new booths: so check out our lineup!
Confirmed Vendor List:
- Weekend Anime & Games: Southern Maine's wackiest hobby shop filled with tons of geek goods: from board games to cell phone straps! With daily events, community clubs, and tons of tournaments- there's bound to be something for everyone. They also buy and sell used geek goods. Weekend Anime will be selling swords, used goods (roleplaying books, trade ins, etc), cooking supplies, and used manga.
- Anime Pavillion: Welcome to a premier source for the latest and hottest anime DVDs, graphic novels (Manga), cards, cells, patches, posters, plushies, CDs, and more! Anime Pavillion will be selling DVDs and Manga at PortConMaine 2014!
- Collector's Universe and Anime: T-shirts, wallscrolls, messenger bags, and plush! Tons of anime and collectable goodies for everyone.
- Neko-Jin Designs: Are you looking for the adorable and the unique? Check out their huge selection of custom geek and otaku goods! From internet memes to adorable original characters- this shop has something for everyone. Patches, jewelry, steampunk accessories, custom bags, backpacks, sweaters, and more- check them out year after year as they expand and change their merchandise based on their fans!
- Kigurumi: Authentic Japanese Kigurumi which are adorable pjs and cosplay costumes! Check out their website for their huge selection.
- Hammergirl Anime: DVDs, figures, cards, card sleeves, trading capsules, wallscrolls, manga, t-shirts and more- a little something for any anime fan.
- Broake & Thumb Studios: Dice bags, assorted steampunk accessories, gamer accessories, and more! All hand crafted, all unique- check out their website for more.
- HobbyFan: Plushes, figures, wallscrolls, and more! Check out their website for an amazing selection and sample of what they'll be bringing to the convention this year!
- Sorbet Jungle: Looking for something adorable and unique? Check out this shop filled with everything kawaii!
- Kyoto Anime: Anime and video game imported goods including figures, t-shirts, gashapon, model kits, and PVC statues!
- Sanshee: Shirts, pins, and posters from anime, video games, and pop culture! Wear the culture!
- The Tomb: Custom fangs, hand printed t-shirts, duct tape creations, knitted gloves, steampunk jewelery, hair clips, CCM (Cute Cthulhu Monsters), spray paint space scape, and cyberlox.
- Crossroad Games: Games and gaming supplies from local game shop Crossroad Games! Board games, CCGs, miniatures, magic, and more.
- Level Up Studios: Video game and internet culture goods!
- The Complex: Comics, t-shirts, games and gaming supplies from local shop The Complex!
- Fairy Lady Glass: Custom jewelry with a fantasy theme! Local Maine handmade gifts.
- Tawnie Bow Studios: Custom wigs and wig accessories! The final touch for a perfect cosplay!
- Little Man Studios: Custom t-shirts, bumper stickers, and more.
- Bullmoose Music: Music, movies, video games, books, and so much more. With several locations in Maine, this is one of those stores everyone knows about! Looking for awesome? Check here!
Schedule Now Live!
The schedule is now live and being built! Event descriptions will be posted soon. By May we hope to have a more finalized version (with gaming, CCGs, video games, and more!) but if you're super curious about the panels and events: check it out!
Game Companion & Cape and Cowl Film Premieres
PortConMaine is proud to announce two Maine film premieres for fan films Game Companion and Cape and Cowl for 2014! They are scheduled for 11am-Noon on Saturday. Join us as we enjoy the films created by fans, for fans!
Game Companion: Thirty-something Bob lives downstairs in his mom's house, works in fast food and has one friend. His greatest accomplishment is making it to master in a fighter-style video game, permitting him a game companion, Kimiko, which turns out to be real. Kimiko is impressed with Bob as a "great warrior", but when she starts to discover he is not very important in his own world, her enthusiasm fades.
Cape & Cowl is a genre-bending documentary short exploring the world of "cosplay," or costume play. Abby Polakow, a costume designer, creates costumes for those wanting to take their appreciation of comic books to a new level. The "cosplayers" reveal how wearing costumes affects them on a more personal level.
Renae De Liz (Artist)
PortConMaine is proud to welcome Renae De Liz as a guest for 2014!
Renae is a comic book artist for Peter Pan: The Graphic Novel, The Last Unicorn (IDW; her favorite childhood movie), Anne Rice's Servant of the Bones (IDW), Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie; her favorite game character), Fables: Fairest in All the Land (Vertigo), and creator of Lady Powerpunch, Womanthology: Heroic, which published 150 female comic creators and made over $50,000 for charities around the world. Renae grew up in Alaska, California, and Oregon. She now lives in Maine with her husband, Ray Dillon, and their two boys. She loves the movie Aliens, Harry Potter, zombies, bread, and cats. http://www.RenaeDeLiz.com | http://www.twitter.com/RenaeDeLiz | http://www.PeterPanComic.com